Tuesday, February 12, 2013

100th Day of Kindergarten!!!

Today was the 100th day of kindergarten! And if you didn't know, or don't remember, it's a REALLY BIG DEAL!!! We make a really big deal of counting to 100 lots of times, and doing many activities involving the number 100.
We told the kids yesterday that we were going to be gone today for meetings, but we were going to have our 100 year old grandmas come in and sub for us! So we dressed up like we were 100 years old! Haha it was so fun.
I really got into character and acted like "granny Moore" for the whole morning. I moved slowly, did my best grandma voice, and asked lots of questions about the rules, etc etc. After a while I had students holding my hand to help me walk, picking things up for me, and bringing me chairs to sit down. :-) I told the kids I was very tired and that kindergarten was hard work. "Granny Moore needs to go home and take a nap."
During lunch I changed and took my makeup off, and returned as Mrs. Moore. As soon as I walked in some of them said, "Mrs. Moore! You missed it! Granny Moore was here!!! She's so nice!" I thought to myself; SUCCESS! They still believe! :-) it was very fun.
Of course we did a few great activities with 100. Including making a necklace with 100 Cheerios, a special "100 things" snack, and a visit from ZERO THE HERO!! It was a wonderful day. Another day I thank The Lord for my job!!



























No comments:

Post a Comment