Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day Jitters


Today was my first day of Student Teaching. Thank goodness it was only a half day. My feet and body are already tired, I hope I get used to this routine relatively fast.

I am Student Teaching in a second grade classroom at a Christian elementary school. We have 21 students in our room, 11 girls and 10 boys. I have so many names to learn!

Today we read the book, "First Day Jitters" by Julie Dannenberg. This book sums up my experience perfectly. I was very nervous for my first day, not knowing what to expect. I think the majority of the students felt the same way, as they were very quiet and slow moving. But by the end of the day we all were starting to feel more comfortable with each other, and with our classroom.

I look forward to learning more of the routines of the classroom, and the names of all my students, so we can all feel comfortable, have fun, and learn together.

1 comment: