Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Daniel Fast: Day 1

Wow! I didn't think it would be this hard. I am not sure if it is from the lack of caffeine, or the lack of sugar, but I have had a headache all day. Perhaps it is the change of not having any chemicals or processed foods.    
I started the day off with a nice breakfast smoothie. 
1 banana
6 strawberries
10 blueberries
10 raspberries
1T all natural peanut butter
1tsp vanilla 
1/2 cup plain almond milk 

This was so yummy! I think I will continue to do breakfast smoothies throughout the fast. 
For lunch I ate some homemade chili. It was difficult to find canned beans and tomatoes that did not have preservatives, chemicals or sweeteners. But after reading every label in the canned food Aisle we found some. I threw them all in the crockpot and added some chili powder. This made a great lunch, especially when I dipped tortilla chips in it! 
 
By the afternoon, I was feeling pretty sluggish. So when I got home from work, I decided to eat some spiritual food along with some physical food. Spiritually, I was feeling very renewed. Peaceful. 

But physically, I was starting to feel even worse. I would feel a bit hungry, but when I went to eat some food, I would start to feel nauseous. I would end up just drinking water. But of course, this meant many trips to the bathroom. 
At the end of the night, my husband made some dinner. I ate a small amount, and am now going to bed with a headache.

I've heard the first few days are the toughest. I am hoping this is true. I'm praying for God's grace to get me through. Every time I felt physically uncomfortable I would talk to the Lord about it. So today has been a long conversation with God, which is never a bad thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment