Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Daniel Fast: Day 5

I am so confused. I cannot tell what the pains I feel mean. I will feel hungry, like reall REALLY hungry, then, when I eat, I immediately feel nauseous. After lunch and dinner I needed to just sit for a few minutes without moving. The nausea was so intense. Even when I am not eating or hungry my stomach just hurts. I have been trying to just drink even more water because of this.  

Even with these pains, and a small headache, I am reminded... "This is nothing compared to what Christ went through for me." A quote my mother often said while going through chemo treatments. 
 I am humbled knowing that Good Friday and Easter are coming soon. Days that remind me of the ultimate sacrifice, and the ultimate power of our God. The confidence I have in my faith is sincerely rooted in these two days. First, Good Friday reminds me of the depth of Jesus' love for me. A love that is willing to die for me, even though I sin over and over. And second, Easter. The day that Christ defeated DEATH! Something that means more to me than I can even explain. Having lost my mother to death, experiencing the separation that death brings. I can't imagine dying myself and being separated from my Lord forever. I am beyond amazed that Christ has presented me with the opportunity for eternal LIFE, with him!  Thanking Him today, for all he has done for me, and for the amazing relationship I can have with him. Praying for continued strength to make it through the remaining days if this Fast.  

Because today was the first day of Pring Break, Bobby and I were both home from work. We went to SAMs Club this morning to stock up on large quantities of 'fast foods'. 
For lunch I had an Asian chopped salad with a sesame ginger dressing. I got to spend a good long time doing some devotions. 

For dinner we made some black bean and corn tacos with sautéed onions and peppers. We topped them with diced tomatoes, cilantro and avocado slices, and paired them with some homemade guac and tortilla chips. 
It has been a good day. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your daily joys and struggles. A fast of any sort is difficult, and being open and honest about it is good for us outsiders to see, as well as it will let you look back on this once it's over.

    I know you probably have a ton of resources for food ideas, but I happened to think of a gal I graduated high school with who eats vegan and has posted a lot of recipes: http://www.urbanearthworm.org/

    Love you, and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete