Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolution

I am not one to usually make new years resolutions. This year for Christmas I received an iPhone from my husband. The first app that I downloaded was Facebook, of course, quickly followed by Pinterest. Next I downloaded YouVision's Bible app. Included in this app were various reading plans. I was excited to see several whole Bible in a year plans. Then I saw on Facebook a friend of mine was going to do the chronological one, and was asking for folks to join her. So this year I hope to be consistent, and read through the Bible! As of day 9 I am still on track!
The plan has us reading through Job right now. Wow. I've never read it straight through before. It's very repetitive. It reminds me a lot of my own story, and the sufferings family went through with the cancer, and eventual death of my mother. I can't say I was like Job though, in never cursing God's name. It is so difficult to be in a part of life where you feel God is against you, and Job felt his friends and neighbors were too. I look forward to finishing this book, and getting back into Genesis.
I hope and pray that I will be able to stick with this resolution!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment