Friday, March 9, 2012

Bible Reading

So we are now into March. It has been two and a half months since I joined the group reading through the Bible for their New Year's resolution.

I love it.

I need to be honest, the past two weeks I have consistently been about 5 days behind. A while ago I was in Chicago for an unexpected funeral, and fell behind. It has been tough trying to catch up. But I am getting closer.

I find it so enjoyable to read the stories in the order they happened. It just brings it all together. Right now I am at the end of Numbers. It really is frustrating to read over and over, "the Israelites grumbled". I totally understand how angry God must have been with them! But it is so interesting to hear Moses plead on their behalf over and over again too.

I used to read on my iPhone before bed every night. I liked the consistency of it... But recently I have been reading out of my (very badly torn) Bible with a pen and highlighter in my hand, during the day. It is less routine, but I find I get so much more out of it! I love to go back and read what I underlined, or highlight the repetitions. I also like reading the study notes on the bottom.

I hope I can catch up in the next few days, and that I can keep it up for nine and a half more months!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, keep it up! I tried reading through the Bible in a year once, and I actually made it until about September. But I never finished. :( I'll have to try it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete