Monday, January 28, 2013

Crock Pot BBQ Chicken

Today, another snowday, was a good day. After a busy, exciting, and exhausting weekend at our MS winter retreat, I needed a day off to recover.
It was a great day to catch up on cleaning and laundry, as well as on much needed sleep. I asked Bobby what he wanted to eat for dinner and he said, "I like crock pot chicken stuff!"
I looked on AllRecipes(dot)com and quickly found a slow cooker BBQ Chicken recipe. (http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/213668/recipeslow-cooker-bbq-chicken)
I found lots of recipes with store bought BBQ sauce so this one intrigued me not having bottled BBQ sauce. Here are the ingredients:
-3 Lrg Chicken Breasts
-1 Cup ketchup
-2 T. Mustard
-2 tsp lemon juice
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-2 T Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring until well mixed. Pour sauce over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker and cook for 30 min. Serve on buns with potato chips. :-)

I was skeptical- but so impressed! I loved it! It was more sweet than I expected, yet it had the perfect amount of tang! I will definitely be doing this recipe again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment