Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Daniel Fast: Day 4

Today has been difficult. I am realizing the lack of self-control regarding what I eat I have always had. We had a parent bring in treats for lunch, then there was pizza in the teachers lounge. In the afternoon we had a birthday treat, and there we're brownies in the lounge. If I were not on the Daniel Fast I would have eaten all four of those things- in addition to my own lunch and my own snack.  I am lucky, in that I must have a high metabolism. I do not struggle with my weight. I usually eat over 3000 calories a day, sometimes over 5000. And I have been the same weight since my sophomore year of college. I am 5'9" and 155lbs. I do not think I am overweight.  
But how can I have so little care about what goes into my body? It has been an interesting few days battling with my "flesh". I have had many cravings the past few days. Especially for Starbucks coffee. I would love to drive to Starbucks and order my usual whole milk vanilla late with one pump hazelnut... 
I am feeling very tired today. I have eaten very little. But I don't feel hungry at all. I only ate because it was "time" to eat. It surprises me how little my body actually needs to eat. 
 I am hoping that the energy boost I hear others talk about on day 6-8 comes soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment