Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Getting Started

Today finally felt like a "normal" day in 2nd grade. Students were more engaged with their work, and things ran a little smother than they have in the past few days.
Everyday I get the chance to observe my cooperating teacher's strategies, lessons, transitions, and constant time with the children. I get to see every interaction, every activity, every transition. I get to hear every command, every complaint, and every joy. It is both enjoyable and intimidating to watch this. I am learning new things every day. Little phrases to say, easy ways to avoid trouble, shortcuts and ways to improve learning. But at the same time the joy of all this learning is making me realize how much I still don't know!
The community of my school is amazing. I believe that if I got a job working in a community like this one, even the things I didn't know how to do, I would be able to ask for help from others at the school.
I am so excited to keep learning more about teaching, about my students, and about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment